31 January, 2007

Harry Potter and the Verecundia of Equitatus

Parents are up in arms about Harry Potter again.
Well, aren't they always, unrepresentative swill the lot of 'em I say.

However this is a little bit more understandable, because Harry Potter has taken to loving horses in that special way that only very lonely cowboys (who haven't seen Brokeback Mountain) really can.
However this is not the newest plot twist from JK in an attempt to lure all of your children to Satanic Rituals. It is in fact young Daniel Radcliffe trying to show us that (unlike what he's done so far) he can act.
I'm afraid I can't tell you if he proves his point because his horse loving antics are on stage in a London production of Equus.
"Oh Equus, I am on you, in you" That is the only line I remember from the play, and only then because some mates and I had a thing for trying to use stupid quotes in our essays. (From Henry IV part 1, we used "come let me taste my horse").

Oh, and for any of you out there who find the thought of Harry sans robe panty wettingly exciting. Don't get too comfortable, the play co-stars Uncle Vernon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely this comes as no surprise? A youngster with a taste for riding Hippogroffs in his tender years is bound to progress to a more mature relationship with a more conventional kind of steed...

Acts 17:11 said...

ADHD re your comment left on my blog, I apologise for that. To be honest I'm not sure how to put a link in my blog, but I will remedy that straight away if I can work out how to do it