19 September, 2006

spot the librarian

I'm in Perth for the click06 conference.
So, I've rocked up early to the centre (for a pre-meeting) and decided to play a quick game of 'Spot the Librarian' and I must say that i'm quite good at it. Looking around the coffee shop I saw my prime cantidate for libraryness. But how will I ever know?
I thought about going up and asking, but decided that as a member of the committee for the next conference (there goes plausable deniability out of the window) I didn't want to make an arse of myself. I'm going to do enough of that during the handover session.
But my curiosity was eased when Dagmar Schmidmaier walked in and said hello to them.
Score points to me!

In the time it has taken to type this up, the place has filled up with grey haired ladies and men with bad tashes shushing in unison. Yes it's library season here at the Palace Hotel Ballroom. Plus I've just said hello to the first person I actually know.
Well correct that, I said hello to Dagmier but she obvoiusly wouldn't remember me. So I've just said hello to the first person who knew me in return.

J.

1 comment:

ADHD Librarian said...

ah, but I've seen a photo of your eyes, so I'll have to be on the lookout.
Oh and if you are around on Friday afternoon, look for a librarian in a big hat, carrying a bullwhip.