31 December, 2004

New year lazy and psychiatry

Folks, It is new year and it's been Christmas and if you're American it's been so many things you just give up and say Holidays. But for the ADHD Librarian that means a whole pile of nothing. If I wasn't on the desk then I'd just be surfing the net, reading a good book or laying around and scratching myself. Still as the Manager, Library Services (acting) I get to have all the fun of being paid more than usual for my poor behaviour. My ADHD readers will understand the lack of guilt I feel about this, in truth I feel a twinge of something, I think it is fear of being caught. Guilt just doesn't filter through my damaged synapses to the part of the brain which gives a shit about others (I only guess my brain even has that bit).
Which brings me nicely to my psychiatrist, nice guy but yes HE DID ASK ME ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FATHER!!!!!!! What gives, I'm no psych (psycho perhaps) but I thought The Freud Dude went out with smoking in childcare centres and feeding plastic bags to dolphins? Why does my relationship to my father change a chemical imbalance in my grey matter?
Other than that however the visit seemed to go quite well, I'm booked in for a full round of testing, you know screaming in rage as the square peg refuses to go into the round hole. Answering questions such as, whether I would rather be a pilot or a lumberjack. Well I don't think you can get these things wrong, perhaps I'll bring along my d4 for the multiple choice questions?
Well time to stop the laziness and start the party, I've got friends coming over to bring in the 'International Year of Peter Perfect' Go 05 ! And there is a bottle of Vodka in the fridge because I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me. . .

No comments: