19 May, 2004

caution media whore

I'm whoring the profession around the media today and into next week. I had a TV gig today, then a newspaper photo shoot and next week I have a couple of radio spots. What can a librarian do to impress the media? I don't know but I keep getting invited back so I must be doing something right.
I'm afraid I won't be identifying the media organisations concerned as I'm trying to maintain a level of plausible denyability about this blog. That is I'd like to be able to say (should anyone at work challenge me about this blog) "wow, what a coincidence that guy sounds a lot like me"

So why the press, you mean aside from my obvious charms?
Well it's Library and Information Week, the traditional week for librarians to try and claim they are young and hip. We have an excuse to get off the circ desk and into the TV studio to say witty things like
"please come into the library, if we don't get more members the'll be cutbacks"
or
"We'd like to ask members to stop chroming in the Young Adults Lounge"

you know standard stuff...

No comments: